So you're ready to invest in a wine fridge...
A wine cooler is perfect for storing your prized collection and even better for wowing your guests at your dinner parties.
But why are wine fridges so expensive?
Well, let’s take a look at why wine fridges cost the way that they do.
Why are wine fridges expensive?
Mainly, wine fridges are more expensive than normal fridges because they have been designed with very specific requirements in mind.
Wine fridges work really hard to provide ideal temperature and humidity level for your wine as well as:
- Keeping your wine safe without making any noise
- Protecting against UV and vibrations that can harm your wine
- Offering perfect storage as well as display conditions
- Highlighting your prized collection with beautiful display lighting
- Having discreet digital temperature displays which allows you to choose the temperature 1 degree at a time
- And that's just the basics!
To do all of this requires good quality materials and advanced refrigeration technology, which is essentially why wine fridges cost the way that they do.
In essence, wine refrigerators work to keep your wine at their very best, so you don’t have to worry. They work hard, so you don't have to.
So does that make wine fridges a good investment?
Is a Wine Cooler a good investment?
There’s no two ways about it: if you’re a keen collector of wine then a wine fridge is a must-have investment.
A wine cooler will work to keep your wine in optimum condition, so you can store your bottles long-term without having to worry about them. You can put a price on peace of mind.
Not only that but they’ll be kept at a temperature that means they’re ready to drink whenever you are.
A wine fridge has heaps of advantages over normal fridges and will inevitably save you money, by saving you from having to throw away spoiled wine.
Whilst you may be able to put a price on a bottle, there's no price tag in the world for the value of a perfectly aged wine enjoyed by you and your nearest and dearest five years after you've bought it.
But is there anything you can do to reduce the costs of a wine fridge?
How To Reduce The Cost of Wine Fridges
When asking how much it costs to run a wine fridge, it may surprise you to learn that the answer is not much!
Wine fridges have been designed to be as energy efficient as possible and most wine fridges will actually cost less to run than your standard kitchen fridge.
When buying a wine fridge make sure you know the size and capacity that you are after, as this will save you from buying a larger fridge than you need, or one too small that you have to replace it with a larger one in the future.
It’s worth talking to our team here at Expert Wine Storage to see all of your options so you can make sure you are buying the right wine fridge, and not wasting money in the process.
So what else do you need to consider before investing in a wine fridge?
Things To Consider When Buying a Wine Fridge
Here are some things worth considering when you’re about to embark on your wine fridge adventure:
- What size and dimension do you need?
- How many bottles are you likely to put in the wine fridge at any one time?
- Are you planning on growing your wine collection in the immediate future?
- Is the wine fridge able to control temperature and humidity? This will help to keep your wine at its best for as long as possible.
- How energy efficient is the model you have in mind? The more energy efficient it is the less the running costs are likely to be.
Before You Go...
So yes, wine fridges are expensive but for good reason. No other fridge will be able to store your wine in the same way and save it from spoiling over time. It’s an investment you simply can't put a price on.
We hope this provides you with all the answers on why are wine fridges so expensive.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, or email us at email@example.com
If you want to learn more about other types, consider our related blog posts:
You can also shop new wine coolers online at Expertwinestorage.co.uk.